Trenbolone hexahydrobenzyl carbonate (abbreviated as “hex”) is a synthetic derived steroid with strong androgenic and anabolic activity. It is actually an oily ester of one of the most potent AAS used in bodybuilding. The French pharmaceutical company Negma first launched this drug under the brand name Parabolan in 1967. Today it is not that easy to buy Trenbolone hexahydrobenzyl carbonate because it is only sold in specialty stores.
Properties of Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzyl Carbonate
Originally, the remedy was used in traditional medicine. They treated patients with osteoporosis and dystrophy. In bodybuilding, “hex” is used for different purposes depending on the cure.
Most often, the reception of ether is aimed at increasing muscle mass. In this sense, the drug is much more effective than testosterone, as its anabolic activity is double that of the male hormone.
Following the use of the drug, protein synthesis is activated and nitrogen accumulation also occurs. Protein compounds are known to act as a building material for muscles, and nitrogen maintains the accumulated mass after the end of the process without inversion.
Effects on the body of trenbolone hexahydrobenzyl carbonate
To begin with, let’s list the effects that bodybuilders appreciate:
- build high-quality muscle mass – in a solo course the increase is up to 10 kg, in a combined – almost double;
- muscle relief and hardness – obtained from nitrogen retention and the removal of excess fluids;
- increased strength and endurance – the main androgenic effect;
- accelerated recovery – increases the concentration of red blood cells in the blood that carry oxygen;
- fat burning – this is affected by the activation of the insulin-like growth factor;
- increased libido – decreases after the course.
With proper intake, side effects do not occur, but with an overdose, pressure increases, sleep disturbances, digestive problems and acne can be observed. Post-cycle therapy is mandatory.
Parabolan chemical properties
Trenbolone is a modification of nandrolone, its synthetic derivative. This means that Trenbolone is classified as a 19-nor compound devoid of the 19 carbon normally found in testosterone and all other anabolic steroids (except nandrolone). Both nandrolone and trenbolone lack this 19th carbon and are therefore classified as 19-nor compounds. The specific structure leads to Trenbolone and Nandrolone which exhibit progestin activity in the body and interact at various levels with the progesterone receptor. So essentially these steroids are progestogens.
Trenbolone has double bonds on carbon atoms 9 and 11. This structure was the result of the separation of the hydrogen atoms that occupied the free electrons and associated with the carbon atoms. Removal of the hydrogen led to the formation of a vacuum which was filled with double bonds between adjacent carbon atoms. This modification gives Trenbolone the following properties:
- The increased affinity for the androgen receptor increases the effect of trenbolone relative to the parent hormone nandrolone. Trenbolone has an anabolic index of 500, while the reference hormone Testosterone has a corresponding anabolic index of 100. This means that Trenbolone builds muscle five times faster.
- Trenbolone is absolutely resistant to aromatization (conversion to estrogen) since the aromatase enzyme (responsible for aromatization) does not recognize and accepts Trenbolone as a suitable substrate for a chemical reaction. This is another difference between Trenbolone and Nandrolone, which are simply more resistant to aromatization than testosterone, but not entirely immune.
- Very high hormonal resistance to metabolic processes in the body. Several modifications allow Trenbolone to stay in the active phase longer than most other anabolic steroids. Confirmation is the fact that most of the Trenbolone excreted in the urine is in its original state and not in the form of metabolites. This also contributes to its high anabolic effect.
Parabolan is a variant of trenbolone modified by the addition of a hexahydrobenzylcarbonate ester in the 17-beta-hydroxyl group to the backbone of steroids. This results in a slower release rate and a longer half-life of the compound, which is approx. 14 days. Before the hormone begins its direct action, the body directs all its forces to disconnect the essential connection. Therefore, the half-life takes longer. The addition of an ester simply increases the half-life without altering the pharmacological effect of Trenbolone in the body.